Thursday, October 16, 2008

Well, today I have a new link for you - this one is to a flickr set of mosaic orbs, along the lines of the gazing balls for gardens you see in stores, but MUCH more interesting! Many times when you see garden balls done in mosaic, they are a little on the simplistic side. It's a really difficult thing to cover a round surface with flat glass! Never mind trying to adapt a flat drawing to a round surface.

Anyway, these are particularly well designed, and I would like to especially point on the ones which have a line of natural stones which rise above the glass of the background. I think these are the most beautiful ones I have ever seen! They also use tempered glass, which I think I mentioned in my last post.

Enjoy!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mosaicwench/sets/72157600375230156/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture