Thursday, January 15, 2009

Is it spring yet?



Well, it would seem that the holidays knocked the wind right out of my sails. When I checked back in here, I found that it's been 2 months since I posted. Yikes. I'm trying so hard to keep up, but since I still have last night's dirty dishes in the sink, is it any wonder?

I have been working on the dragonfly piece especially since Christmas (when I got a glass grinder as a present!) I like the way it is coming together, but I am not totally satisfied with the way the grinder handles two particular types of glass I chose. It seems to chip the edges rather a lot. I probably need a finer grinder bit, so I will have to do some research on that. In the meantime, I think I'll get back to the mirror piece that is over halfway done, but stashed in a corner. I have pics of both works in progress on the picasa page. This link will take you there: www.picasaweb.google.com/mosaicartbyLA

I am working on a regular web page. I forgot how time consuming it can be. I really enjoy it, don't get me wrong, but I was hoping to have it up and running about 2 weeks ago. I keep finding broken links, type in the wrong font, etc., so I have spent what time I had on fixing problems over the last week. Hopefully today or tomorrow I can get the gallery online and then I will be ready to send out an announcement email. I have also put a link to the Bellafiore Gardens pages on there, since I shut down the domain for that business. I don't want to lose that info, and like to be able to show people what it was, so it's good to have a place to stash it.

Anyway - hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, whatever you celebrate. We'll talk again soon (really. I promise)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture