Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Adrift again...or When Good Mosaics Go Bad



True to form, I have set aside the dragonfly mosaic for a time. I'm quite tired of looking at it, for one thing, and for another, I've identified a couple of things that I think need some adjustment. I really need to go back and take care of those little things before moving forward with it, since they may affect some of the remainder, but I don't wanna. So it's on the bench patiently waiting it's next at bat.

In the meantime, I have decided to start a series. I always thought I would never do a series, simply because I get bored too easily. I would expect each piece to be similar enough to the last (in order to keep some sort of coherence) that I wouldn't be able to stick with it past about one and a half pieces. But for some reason, I have decided to throw reason to the wind and give it a go. The series will be called Garden Divas, and each will feature a different flower. You know the type - the ones that scream for attention for a short time then disappear, never to be seen again til next year. The first one is Iris chrysographes, the black iris.







Bookmark and Share




2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of your new series. We are just beginning to get one of those divas in our pond - Iris. I love the vibrant purples and the leaves. I'm looking forward to seeing this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam. I'm such a delinquent about responding to this - sorry! I keep making myself put off starting it until I finish something. I often have many things going at once, but one more might push me over the edge at this point! I have the supplies for the iris, though, so soon..... :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture