Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mail Art 2009

Ok, so the crazymaking begins. I have fretted most of the day over how on earth I was going to meet this challenge. For anyone just coming into this discussion, I have agreed to be a part of a mail art exchange, postcard size art mailed between participants, one card per person. I love to work on small paintings, so the size of 4 1/8" X 5 3/4" was certainly not the problem. But it turns out I have to make 32 of them by July 1. Oh yes, 32. So obviously, the simpler the design the better, right? And that, my friends, is problem #1. I love detail, lots of fussy detail. I can't possible produce 32 fussy paintings by July 1. And problem #2? I really only use watercolor. The only times I have tried acrylic or oil I hated it. So, yeah, Mr. Postman, can ya get it there before it rains?

BUT....
I have a genius idea. He he he he. No. I won't tell you. He hehehe :)
You will just have to wait and see. I will take photos throughout the process, and when it's finished and all the cards are mailed, you will get a thorough show and tell. Now run along. I have work to do!



Bookmark and Share


Add to Technorati Favorites

3 comments:

  1. OOOOO - I love a mystery! Lots of things running through my head as to what your idea could be... :-) Get over that cold, my friend. Treat yourself well. If I were close by, I would make you homemade chicken noodle soup...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! An idea unfolds.... I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I hope this works out - I'll be really bummed if I hate it when I'm done! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture