Monday, August 10, 2009

Brainstorming for a New Mosaic Challenge

Whee! A new mosaic challenge! I am actually a little surprised at myself, because I’m not usually comfortable letting others set the parameters for an art project. But these parameters are just about as loose as you can get! The theme is one of my favorites, and the deadline is blissfully adequate!
I have joined the Flickr Mosaic Challenge Group (check it out if you think this is something you would be interested in - http://www.flickr.com/groups/mosaicchallenge/discuss/72157621865158085/) and the new theme is “Leaves”. The parameters are "Any size, color, or material qualifies, as long as the main subject matter is leaves" and the deadline is October 31. I can do that!
So here are some photos I have taken for inspiration. Fabric designs, wallpaper, and garden photos….
100_2728


Leaves in shades of green on black background



All kinds of crazy colored leaves (including purple) on black background
100_2729
100_2730


Acanthus leaf rug – black and taupe



Wallpaper, gold background, leaves in shades of sage and olive green
100_2732
100_2733


Sweet potato vine



Nasturtiums
100_2734
100_2735


Grape leaves
I have yet to decide whether to use one photo as a starting point, or combine several. I used a fabric design as inspiration once before and was relatively happy with the result:
PetropoulosIt'sNotEasyBein'Green It’s Not Easy Bein’ Green








I LOVE the fabric with multicolored leaves on the black background, but I think I want to do something less predictable than autumn leaves (for an October challenge). So…. we’ll just have to see what develops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture