Saturday, September 12, 2009

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream…

Work begins on the new commission Dream of the Dragonfly (even though Garden Diva is not quite finished. I’m waiting on the hanging hardware to arrive. Long story). I started a watercolor sketch, which has given me several thoughts on exactly what I don’t want to do :(

At any rate, the basic idea is good, I like the sky and the background mountains. The bluff in front of the mountains is way dark, but since I painted that at 10:00 last night and have had the flu, I’m going to cut myself a break. It is just the preliminary sketch, after all.

100_2812

I hope to translate the watercolor abstract quality of the sky to the smalti. How successful I will be with that…..well, what would life be without a little mystery?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture