Friday, October 2, 2009

Thank God it’s Friday…

Well, now I remember why I don’t like working with smalti. I love the look of a well done smalti piece, but I find it impossible to get the cuts as accurate as I want them. That also means I have more waste than I think is reasonable. Bah. I will have to see about a smalti workshop (perhaps Matteo Randi’s?) before I’ll be willing to do much more of it. Meanwhile, I’ll just muddle on the best I can with this one. Not much choice, really.

I also want to remind you that on Monday I will be posting the October featured artist profile. This month it is Dotti Stone, a mosaic artist from near Roanoke, VA. Be sure to tune in to see her fantastic new piece!

Today’s agenda includes preparing for the Nashua Art Walk this weekend. The forecast is for rain both days, possibly clearing up by Sunday afternoon. I’m only taking pieces that are suitable for outdoors anyway, so that’s not too big a problem, but it certainly won’t be comfortable to be out in the damp and chill all weekend (even under cover of the gazebo). Phoo.

But…next week I have two lunch dates with friends I haven’t seen in awhile, and a birthday :) and fall is here (my favorite time of year), so at least I have something to look forward to.

j0309568

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture