Thursday, November 5, 2009

Art Every Day – Day 5

Oohh…..I think I might actually make it. I might make the deadline. Today has been an intensive day in the studio, and I will come back again after dinner to do some more. Tomorrow will be a half day because of prior commitments , so I’d better make hay while the sun shines. (That’s such a Midwesterner’s saying, isn’t it?)

100_3089

Somehow this photo is pretty distorted, I must have been holding the camera at an angle. Anyway, my goal is to finish the gold travertine tonight. Then with tomorrow’s half day, and all of Saturday, I should have no problem finishing the black background. After the thinset has cured overnight, I can grout on Sunday (which is a bigger deal than one might imagine, unless you’ve done it). Also, I plan to use 3 different colors of grout which is way more time consuming than a single color. So…Monday it can be photographed and the application submitted. Now….universe? You hear me? Don’t throw any roadblocks in my way just for sh*ts and giggles. If I can’t stick to that schedule, this ain’t happening, and baby you don’t want to face me on Tuesday if you’ve derailed me. Huh. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture