Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ok, just go ahead and shoot me now.

What possesses me to make commitments when I already feel strung out, behind on housework, yardwork, and grocery shopping? Well, I’ve gone and done it again. Leah Piken Kolidas writes a blog that I enjoy. She uses challenges to help motivate herself and other artists to keep the creative juices flowing. She has a Creative Every Day challenge, to do something creative, whether that be art, cooking, taking pictures, knitting…whatever, and then share it with the others in the challenge. It is an ongoing thing, and she posts optional themes for each month in advance. I decided that might be too long term for me, what with my incredibly short attention span. So instead I have joined her Art Every Day challenge. In this one, for the month of November, you are supposed to make some art every day and share it with the others. But when December gets here I’m free. I think I can do this. Maybe.
So…I will be posting my efforts here and linking to it from Leah’s blog. You can see what the others are up to by going to the Art Every Day blog. All the participants are listed in a drop down list on the right, and you can click on the names to be taken to wherever they are posting (might be a blog, or Flickr, etc.)
Because most of my stuff takes so damn long weeks or months to make, I’ll be posting progress photos here, rather than individual artworks. Probably. So here is the mosaic I worked on today:
000_0205
See you tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Lee Ann, I hear ya! My art is still in the etching bath. So I to will be posting a lot of work in process. Hang in there and I am looking forward to posting in a few hours for Art Everyday Month. I smiled when I read your first write up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra. Nice to meet you. Looking forward to seeing everyone's efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I know what you mean about over-committing, but it's all fun, eh? ;-)

    Your mosaic is looking beautiful already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like another incredible piece of art that you create. Have fun in your challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beeeeautiful!

    works in progress are fabulous for AEDM. I love seeing how people work too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovley mosiac! I like see art in progress..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, mosaics are fascinating...piecing together an image slowly, it's amazing to see it come together. Looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is already looking great! I think the progress photos will be so interesting to watch - especially in an artistic medium I know nothing about. Keep up the "challenging" work! (he he)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see that I am not the only one that is wondering why I made this commitment to myself to take on the AEDM when there are so many other things on my plate. I think one of the main reasons that I am is that a lot of those things are not really all that creative or do they involve making art. If it is not in the schedule or a commitment, it gets put off for me sometimes. Good luck in your month ahead. Your art is great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture