Monday, November 23, 2009

Shy. And apparently stubborn….

I’m working on a painting of the back side of a sunflower which will be called “Shy”. This seems to me to be taking much longer than it should. What is it with me? I thought it was just the mosaics, and the time consuming nature of that medium (which everyone who works in it will tell you). Apparently not. Or this particular painting is being stubborn. I think I’ll blame the painting.

100_3150

I had painted the first layer of petals some time ago, and today managed to put some of the second (closer) layer on. I only got about 2/3 of the way around the flower in the time I had to spend on it. And no, I’m not telling you how long it took… There are some funny reflections on the greens which aren’t there in real life. Eh. They will be reworked pretty extensively once the petals are done. And maybe then I’ll get a decent picture. Or not.

So this will be my last post until at least the Monday after Thanksgiving, as I will be out of town. I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving.

Til then….

3 comments:

  1. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for your patience so we can see the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks, Julie! I hope you still thinks it's gorgeous when it's done - I have plenty of opportunities to screw it up yet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique perspective. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture