Friday, November 20, 2009

Watching glue dry…

100_3145

A strange looking start, I know. But I’m planning to try something new with this one. By overlapping glass on the flowers, I hope to give them a somewhat 3D look. The centers are an extremely deep purple, almost black, that I bought for Garden Diva. Although you can’t see it very well, there is a sheet of white wispy stained glass to the left. Ignore that. LOL. I had planned to use it for the flower petals, but it’s a very cool white, and the freshwater pearls which will be glued to the centers were too warm a white to suit me together. So instead I will use a warm pink and white wispy stained glass. But I can go no further until the glue dries on these. Just as well. I’m getting hungry, and I get sloppy when I start thinking about foraging through the kitchen instead of paying attention to what I’m working on.

I might actually set this aside now until after Thanksgiving. I ordered a tiny glass grinder bit to help with shaping the intricate petals and I don’t know how long it might take to get it. Also we’ll be travelling for Thanksgiving anyway, so I have those preparations to deal with. Not that I have all that much to do – it’s not like it was when my kids were little. But it makes a fair excuse.

Not sure what’s in the air today, but it sure has caused a lot of dangling participles. Eh. So what.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool to see the beginning process of your work!!!

    xoxo,
    ja

    aedm
    my blog http://julieannshahin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued! Can't wait to see what you'd do with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie Ann and Leah. The beginning of a mosaic is always exciting. Just wait though ~~ won't take long to get bogged down! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture