Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What?!? 3 weeks ahead of a deadline?!?

Ok….if you’re a member of the Great Bay Art Association, avert your eyes – quick!

Today I painted a mini watercolor for the exchange we’re having at the December meeting. I would hate to spoil the surprise, although knowing me, there’s a good chance I’ll end up doing something else anyway. It is 3 whole weeks away, after all! I just wanted to know I had something to share without being up against another deadline. This deadline thing is cramping my style.

100_3129

Another crappy photo, which doesn’t pick up the colors well. Ugh. Whatever.

This is Midwinter Sunrise, 3”h X 4.5”w watercolor on Arches 140# hot press paper.

I really like photos and paintings of bare trees against a beautiful sky. Which is weird, since I don’t like winter. I have already planned to do a couple of bare trees on canvas board covered with gold leaf. In the mail art exchange I participated in last June, I did a series of bare tree paintings on top of gold leaf, but they were acrylic on paper. I wasn’t especially pleased with the way the acrylic seemed to “float” on the gold leaf, so I want to do two more and try them in oil, and frame them for our guest room. Anyway, here’s a peek at the postcard versions:

100_2544 100_2542
100_2541 100_2539
100_2543 100_2540

And I still haven’t touched that sunflower painting…… Not listening

4 comments:

  1. beautiful painting! like you, i'm not a fan of winter, but i love the silhouettes of bare trees against the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I can never get tired of trees; they have mysterious powers! Both approaches look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the bare trees on goldleaf are fabulous! I love them...wondering how they will look when you redo the way you want...wow!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture