Monday, December 14, 2009

Gnothi Seauton, part deux

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a local artist friend about the project that currently has me stumped, Poppies and Willow. I mentioned that I had started work on another small thing to hopefully shake out the cobwebs and maybe a solution would present itself subconsciously, as sometimes happens. He suggested that maybe the thing to do was to just get in there and attack it. Of course, I think I know what I’m doing, so I told him that I usually end up with something I’m not happy with when I force it. But guess what? I think he was right. At least this time.

I did complete a small project – one to just keep the creative juices flowing, while taking the pressure off the problem. No luck, so I guess I’ll attack and see what that gets me.

100_3197

This is the small project – Green the Grass Grows – 8” X 8” - transparent smalti, glass beads, tempered glass and polymer clay on mirror.

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece, my friend! It speaks to me of garden, spring, life, vibrancy, freshness, and lovely color combinations! It makes me feel hopeful that winter will not be long at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joannne! I hope you're right about the short winter!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture