Friday, January 1, 2010

Is it wrong to start the new year with a post entitled “bleh”?

I know, I know. It’s not like I don’t want you to have a happy new year ~~ of course I do! But I have decided to start 2010 tomorrow instead of today. I want a do over.
I have made a mess of a watercolor study for a mosaic. In the past, when I’ve done a watercolor study for a mosaic, it was just a quick sketch to establish colors and basic shapes. Sometimes I don’t even finish them. Once I have in mind where I’m going with it – that’s good enough.
However……bleh. This time I decided I wanted a finished watercolor that could be framed. Except that I wanted it to be a slightly different shape than the mosaic will be. Aaaaand….I didn’t really plan it out all that carefully. Aaaaaand….I rushed it. Sounds like a recipe for disaster, doesn’t it? *ding ding ding ding ding*
100_3236
Well…just….yuck. Do you suppose I’ll ever learn not to jump into something with both feet before I know what I’m doing? No, I didn’t think so. Me either. I think I can make a bit of improvement to it tomorrow (I am so done with it for today), but it’s got so many friggin’ design issues that it’s a bit of a lost cause. The pencil drawing I did some time ago was the starting point, but it was drawn to the shape of the eventual mosaic, which will be proportionately wider. Therefore, the creek takes a less direct route, so you shouldn’t feel like you’re in danger of drowning.
So…I’m going to fix myself a cup of tea and read in bed and recuperate from last night’s revelry. And today is hereby appended to the end of 2009. I’ll start 2010 tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Umm....what's wrong with that painting? Looks gorgeous! Crazy woman.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture