Friday, January 8, 2010

A little hurdle overcome….

I think I’m going to be happy with the flowers on the Poppies and Willow mosaic. I believed for quite some time now that I wouldn’t because I wasn’t going to be able to shape the petals exactly the way I had envisioned them. In fact, that little hang up has been the reason I put it aside for such a long time. Well, of course the holidays had something to do with that as well, but even without the hoopla of November and December, I still wouldn’t have been working on it.

My original vision included more intricately shaped petals (as you can see from the drawing). I had ordered a small grinder bit thinking that would do it, but there is no way to get the water to a small grinder bit with the style of grinder I have. And even with a mask, all those flying glass bits seemed like a bad idea. And since I can’t afford a ring saw right now, I just had to find another way. So I have cut the stained glass to the approximate size, and just used the larger grinder bit to shape the edges.

100_3262 I realize they don’t really look like poppies now, but get over it. I have. :)

100_3262detail

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture