Monday, January 18, 2010

Make a Joyful Mess

I’m not a fussy housekeeper. In fact, my mother is most likely embarrased to admit I grew up under her tutelage. I like things clean, but I usually feel like I have better things to do. However, I’m a little puzzled as to why I can’t work in the studio without cleaning it first. That’s so out of character!
I think today I finally figured out why ~~ it has something to do with the sheer joy of making a mess. There’s really nothing like the feeling of flinging stuff all over the room in a fit of creativity! Whether it’s nearly microscopic glass bits freeing themselves with abandon and skittering across the wood floor, or flour flung all over the kitchen (and myself) while making homemade egg noodles – it’s just more fun if the room is clean first! And frankly, the cleanup is a little easier too.
100_3281
Granted, today’s mess was a mild one due to a late start. But I cleaned both tables off before starting, then dumped out a little of a lot of different shades of green tile and stained glass.
Speaking of tiles – I love these little tiles I made from polymer clay. I rolled the clay out with a pasta machi100_3282ne and stamped it with a regular rubber stamp. I love how they turned out looking like tooled leather! They will have to be cut fairly small to be used in this piece, but I have already put a few in and they still are pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture