Friday, February 12, 2010

I’m out of interesting titles. Make up your own.

001

Getting close to being finished and ready to grout this one. SOOO ready to be done. I have two others planned, and another in the idea incubator. The idea I have in the incubator is of course the one I’m most excdited about. It may have to jump ahead of the other two. I have done such a lot of flowers and botanicals that I’m a little ready for something more architectural (although it will have flora in it). I usually don’t draw designs up on paper before starting, but this time I think I will. I have a number of aspects of it that I’m undecided about. I have already decided on the materials, though, and when I have a design drawn to show you, I’ll put up some pictures! :)

I have signed up to participate in a group show with the Great Bay Art Association at the Discover Portsmouth (NH) Center in June. We are allowed to bring as little as we want, or as much as will fit in the allotted wall space (which I believe they said was approximately 5 linear feet). I’d like to see how much I can produce between now and then, although I’m always disappointed in the amount of time it takes me to complete something. I figure that at the least I can have this one, and two smaller ones to show. There is also room for a portfolio and some business cards, etc., so there might be the opportunity to pick up a commission or two out of it. I’m going to give it a go.

I have also been pondering the idea of producing a couple of short tutorial videos, and wondered if anyone had any interest in that? If so, is there anything in particular that you would like to see? Leave a comment here, or email me at mosaicartbyla@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture