Monday, March 15, 2010

A beginning, and an end. Almost.

The beginning? The diptych project piece is underway. I really wish I could come up with a title for it because my 20 year old son snickers everytime I say “diptych”. I’m not really sure why, but now I’ve become self-Scanconscious saying it! Anyway, the inspiration is a stained glass window by Louis Comfort Tiffany, entitled Summer. This is a scan from a book by Jacob Baal-Teshuva entitled simply Louis Comfort Tiffany which might possibly be the best eye candy EVAH. Go get yourself a copy. Go ahead – I’ll wait…….
Ok? So for the mosaic, I have blocked off all but a 2” X 3” section of this picture (in the book the actual size is 5.25” X 6”). I think because I have covered all but a “window” of it, I can’t help but think of it as the view out of a window. Well…..duh. And it is a “stained glass window” in reality. Huh. I guess I’m not as clever as I thought I was.
The end? I picked up the dark blue grout I ordered for Delta Blues today. I ordered it from Home Depot and it only took them 4 days to get it in. Not bad. The almost part? I didn’t actually grout it. In starting the diptych *snort* I have probably made the biggest mess ever with every color of glass I own all over the studio, and have to clean that up before I start a grout session. I am really anxious to have it done, so maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see this one, Lee Ann! I just know it's going to be incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture