Monday, March 8, 2010

Delays of various kinds

Delta Blues is finished except for the grout – I am going to order a deep blue grout for this. I tried using the Diamond 005Tech powdered pigments and just couldn’t get the color I wanted. I have honestly never been very happy with the shades those colorants produce. They are ok for coloring thinset under smalti, because you don’t really need an exact shade, just enough color to make it blend in. So I don’t know how long that will take.
And on the subject of “How long will it take?” I ordered some glass from Delphi last week. Unfortunately, I didn’t feel like paying extra to get priority shipping (unless you order a boatload, you pay more in shipping than the glass costs with basic shipping). I didn’t get an email telling me it shipped, so I called this morning to see what the status is – I probably won’t get it for another week, maybe week and a half. Bleh. I would really rather have that in hand before starting the diptych project, but I hate to lose another week. What to do, what to do?
Answer? Go outside :-) It’s gorgeous outside – the sun is blinding on the snow, and the breeze is warm. And it smells like baseball season is almost upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture