Monday, March 22, 2010

meh...

I feel really ambivalent about posting a picture of this one in progress. I think I don’t yet feel confident that I will like the finished product, and because this is for the diptych project, I can’t just stick in the back of the closet and start dumb leavessomething else. I think a lot will depend on how the left side turns out. I also feel out of my safe zone with this style – it’s very different from what I am used to doing. But that’s how we grow and learn as artists, right?
Another part of the uncertainty is that I’m finding it much harder to remove tiles after the glue dries on this birch panel than I’m accustomed to with MDF or Wedi. I’m not sure why – the glue is the same. If it were a simple thing, I’d remove some the the stuff on the left and rework it. Maybe tomorrow will bring more patience with it. More patience always helps. Today, however, I have used up my entire allotment of patience on the leaves in the upper right. There are still more to add in the top left, but I’ve had it for today.

2 comments:

  1. I recognise that feeling of doubt so well. In fact, there is not one artwork I make that I don't start doubting whether it will work when I'm half way through it. And so all I can say is "keep going" .... I think the leaves in the top right hand corner look wonderful - lots of movement and beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think it is a pretty common feeling. I guess the reason it's getting to me this time is the deadline thing. I'll keep plugging along....I have no choice! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture