Friday, March 26, 2010

Note to Self:

You can’t work this way. You can’t find the colors you’re looking for, because you’ve left little bits of everything you own strewn all over the tables. Paper towels and tools are piled on top of that. There’s a rubber band you took off the chip bag and left on the table, your tweezers are point up on the chair (now that’s a recipe for disaster!), and because you have 8 small containers of different colored tile on top of the project, you can’t even see where you’re going with it.

001

Pull yourself together and clean up your mess, or you’re going to end up ripping out more sections because you couldn’t see what you were doing.

Love,

Me

2 comments:

  1. Hah! You took the words right out of my mouth -- my studio is an unholy mess, and I'm starting to feel my creativity stirring again but can't FIND anything. So... yeah, I guess it's time to clean up. Thanks for the reminder... and enjoy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Anna - not being able to FIND things drives me nuts! I try to clean up after every work session. If I don't I find that it's harder to get back to work on a project because I feel overwhelmed. Having everything straightened and sorted means I can just jump in whenever the inspiration strikes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture