Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Whew!

I may have just set a speed record. In fact, I’m pretty certain I have. Personal best, anyway : ) I may have just 002finished a mosaic of 1.5 square feet in only 16 days. I mentioned the beginning of it here, and I believe that was the day I drew the design out. Ok, I lied. It isn’t “finished” (You guys are so literal!) I have to grout it yet. Nonetheless, that makes me Speedy Pete.

And I hope that I have managed to retain the spirit of a Tiffany window. It is much lighter than the original, but I was afraid that since there will be no backlighting (as with a window), it needed a higher contract of values to work.

The weather should turn nice by tomorrow afternoon, so I will probably spend most of my time over the next few days outside. Hope you are all getting some nice weather – enjoying the sun after a long winter.

3 comments:

  1. Boy Lee Ann it's been awhile since I have been to your blog. You are now red hot! Enjoyed looking at your new project. Really pretty. Looking forward to seeing more.
    Happy day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you popped back in, Laura. Yeah, I have been a busy bee lately - with lots more on my agenda for the next 2 or 3 months! But right now, I'm taking a quick break to get some gardening done while the gorgeous weather holds out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is a winner, Lee Ann!

    I have nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award! You can check out the details on my blog today: http://bit.ly/5vOgUn

    Hope you have a great week as you spend it outside. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture