Monday, April 5, 2010

A blogging award!

It’s a major award! It could be anything! It could be a bowling alley!

kreativblogger6-279x300

No, it’s the Kreativ Blogger award, bestowed by the amazingly talented painter Joanne Geisbrecht!!! Thank you Joanne! I have been admiring Joanne’s work for a year or more, and anticipating each new painting with glee. You should definitely go see her stuff – as much as I love sunflowers, you’d probably expect me to say her recent trio of single sunflower blossoms were my favorites. But I think my favorite is still Beauty in Brokenness – it’s here on her Etsy shop. Also see her blog here.

The Kreativ Blogger Award comes with the following requirements:

1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.

I’m trying to follow the rules carefully, but I may have a hard time with #4 – I’m just not that interesting. But here goes….

1. I’m partially color blind. I have trouble with blues and greens. I can see blues and greens, but they probably look different to me, and dark colored combinations are confusing. And I couldn’t identify the objects in a Magic Eye picture if my life depended on it. My husband and I are still arguing over a pair of jeans I bought him that I insisted were brown, and he said they were “warm grey”. Pfft – like that’s even a real thing!

2. I hate reality TV. All of it. And I truly can’t understand why I should care if a celebrity can dance.

3. I love history and historical fiction, and trying to distinguish between the two ;-).

4. Although I have hardly touched a piano in 3 years, I used to be a pretty darn good classical pianist.

5. Prior to moving to New Hampshire, I owned an organic herb nursery.

6. I think all 3 of my kids are amazing people that are just fun to be around.

7. It took me 40 minutes to think of these 7 things.

Next up – to nominate 7 more bloggers (with links):

1. Linda Smith – MosaicSmith

2. Melissa McCarthy – The Studio

3. Jennifer Phillips – Daily Encounters with my Paintbrush

4. DJ Geribo – Art Apart

5. Kim Grant Mosaics – Mania and Mischief

6. Kirsten Kapur – Through the Loops

7. Christine Brallier – Christine Brallier Mosaics

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend – tomorrow or the next day I’ll post pics of the grouted Room with a View mosaic for the diptych *giggle* project.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture