Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Room With A View


After 3 days of grouting…..that’s right, boys and girls……3 freakin’ days – AAAARRGGHHHHHH!
If I EVER suggest to you that I think I need 5 different colors of grout in one piece will someone please point me back to this post? Grouting makes me grumpy under the best of circumstances. After grouting Garden Diva, I was snapping at my children. After grouting the slate pieces on Leavitt Pond at Dusk, I was banging my head on the wall (especially because I realized I should have just set them in colored thinset which would have saved me HOURS of grief). Today I am nearly in puppy kicking mode. Thank God I don’t have a puppy – for several reasons.
room with a view But at last I can breathe a sigh of relief as the first half of the Diptych *snort* project is complete. Saturday my encaustic partner and I will meet and exchange pieces, and begin our “resp0nse” to our partner’s piece. BUT…….first I am taking a week or two to work on a commission piece. The second piece doesn’t need to be completed until June 15th, so I have plenty of time. The commission piece is to be a present for a special young lady’s 13th birthday. She painted a watercolor when she was only 9 that is absolutely stunning, and her father wants a mosaic of it to give her for her birthday. Isn’t that sweet? This will be a glass on glass piece at 8 X 10. I think I’ll save the picture I’m working from for the next post.
Hope you’re all having a creative week, and don’t take any wooden nickels.

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS. It worked... might have driven you batty, but it looks like it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna! Certainly glad to be done with it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture