Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sarah’s Sunrise

I finished the commission piece today – Sarah’s Sunrise. This is the piece created from a watercolor by a young lady Sarah's Sunrise who will receive the mosaic for her 13th birthday. The client liked the idea of a glass on glass piece to display in a window, so this is done on glue chip glass, with stained glass and glass beads. It measures 8” X 10”.

Next is the second piece for the diptych ( :-D ) project. The sketch is drawn out on the panel, but I may wait a bit before starting it. I have until June 15 to finish it, and I am waiting to hear back from a supplier about availability of a specialty tile which, although it would be for only a very small part of the mosaic, should be done first. I may have to dream up a different option if I can’t get it soon enough.

In the meantime, I have plants to dig up. I decided to pot up all the perennials that need to be divided and have a plant sale. I used to expand the gardens a bit every year, so I could just stick the excess in empty spaces, but no more!! I have as much as (or maybe more than) I can care for. If you are near the Lakes Region of NH and want some nice perennials on the cheap (and some unusual stuff too), take a look at this website. If you’re not local but like gardens, you might be interested in the accompanying blog.

I also have several projects to ponder. I was invited to submit to two exhibitions in the fall in Connecticutt – one in Mystic and one in Putnam. I would definitely like to make something specifically for them if time permits, but I also have the June show to prepare for, and another small commission due in the fall. Geez – I need to get busy. Later!

2 comments:

  1. yes, all 13 year olds should have the wonder of glass to see. good luck with the perennials

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Stratoz! Yes, I hope she will be inspired by seeing her lovely artwork rendered in a different medium.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture