Friday, May 21, 2010

Ode on a Dogwood finished!

Yay me! I made it! I finished this in time to hang it at the GBAA art show in Portsmouth tomorrow. Well, I haven’t framed it yet. Or painted the back and sides. So I lied.

Ode on a Dogwood

Amazing the difference in color in natural light. This photo was taken outside in the shade. Compare that to the pinky-ness of the sky in this photo. That photo was taken inside under artificial light – a combination of CFL and incandescent.

So I have just a few more minor things to do – finish the brochure to put in the book at the show, find the directions to the gallery (!), paint the back of one other small piece.

*Sigh*

:)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful piece! And wow - you're right, the lighting really does make a difference. The different shades of blues & iridescent really come out in this second photo. This makes me want to go plant something pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture