Tuesday, June 1, 2010

To share or not to share? That is the question.

Hmm – to share or not to share? I have been back and forth with that several times over the last couple of days. I am used to showing you what I’m working on, and whining about discussing the snags and bumps in the road that I have to work through. I think I learn so much more (and remember so much more) by talking it out here on my blog. However, on this project I just feel like waiting until it’s finished is the right thing to do. So pics of the companion piece to the encaustic diptych will have to wait. And maybe longer than you thought – the deadline, I found out today, has been postponed from June 15 to July 15!! I could have made the deadline I’m sure, but now the pressure’s off. But…I have another project I’m anxious to start, so I’d like to finish it up anyway.
Next up is an abstract that I began thinking would be sort of a stylized peacock feather. But the drawing took off in another direction entirely. I really like it – it will be made of marble and Italian smalti, with a bit of gold smalti as well.
And I cheated a little – there’s a tiny peek at part of the diptych project piece in the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Widget by LinkWithin