Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chapter 2, in which we learn that the artist is nuts.

Freeform. I guess. I don’t quite know what to call this method of working. I typically work on primed MDF or thinset-coated Wedi. With either of those I’ll draw my design right on the substrate, in varying degrees of detail. Actually, usually not much detail. With glass on glass I have always used transparent glass for the “on glass” part, and could place the design underneath. So here’s a piece of opaque glass that I can’t really draw on, and can’t see through. Huh.
So the method I came up with is to draw only a very basic guideline for the largest of branches with a wet erase marker. Then, as I go along remove a section of the line at a time with a dampened Qtip. Seriously….I must be nuts.
001

3 comments:

  1. Yes, damn it, you're insane....but working in a completely new way so it must be that insanity leads to brilliance. Can't wait to see what you do with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha - Eve, you're my new BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not nuts at all...just clever and innovating out of necessity! Bet the technique will be in a book in 10 years time!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture