Friday, July 30, 2010

Drum roll please…..

The past year has been filled with changes and upheavals of various kinds. Most of them have been the type of thing that could be considered either good or bad, depending on my mood or perspective on any given day. But it does feel as if they have all been leading up to this one.

I will be joining the CrazyLake Art House in Greenfield, Indiana as Gallery buildingDirector and Artist in Residence beginning in September. CrazyLake Art House is housed in part of the first floor of a lovingly restored limestone building in the heart of historic Greenfield, across the corner from one of the most beautiful courthouses in the Midwest. There are event spaces for rent in the building as well, and the second floor houses artist studios.

Besides the gallerygallery, there is a nice large studio space for me to work from, and classroom space for teaching. I will be working toward expanding the number and variety of artists who exhibit there, organizing events and exhibitions, and working toward establishing scholarships for local students.

There is also a theater division within the Art House providing the area with amazing community theater from three different age groups, which is headed by my good friend Chris Schaefer.

This is a huge leap for me, but I feel at my core that it is the right step at this point in my life. Don’t think this means I’ll be leaving you stranded here, though! I intend to keep up with this blog and my personal web site and Facebook page (you are a fan there, right?). And I’ll still be sassing people on Twitter (you’re following me there too, right?).

15 comments:

  1. Awesomeness. Couldn't be happier (for you) - except of course if it were me taking the position. ;) Wishing you good things, a safe trip and a sane few weeks of packing and unpacking.

    That building is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It will be crazy for the next few weeks, but it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We definitely must get together once you're in Greenfield, Lee Ann. I would love to come and see your new work digs and we could have lunch. Looking forward to seeing you then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations, this is an awesome opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations of this post! Good Luck with everything.................cheers, Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the congratulations, everyone. And Pam, send me your contact info via private message on Facebook and I'll be in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cool. and yes keep blogging about this adventure as it unfolds

    ReplyDelete
  8. HaHA!! I actually applauded when I read this! Very exciting, isn't it???

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's exciting, Congratulations and good luck! Sounds like it'll be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lee Ann-
    Welcome to CrazyLake! I am really looking forward to meeting you and seeing the impact your energy brings to our Arts Community.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Nancy - I can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could honestly say I'm happy for you (well, I really am happy for you) but you know I wish you'd stay here in NH. I'm being completely selfish here! I will miss you, but I expect you to stay in touch through all the electronic devices we use these days, and that you will come back to NH and visit from time to time, at least as long as you have a home and family here! I'm also looking forward to sharing my art with Indiana!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lee Ann
    I'm thrilled for you! Sounds really exciting! What a wonderful oportunity for you!Hope to hear how it's all going and that you will still have lots of time to create your fantastic mosaics! Congratulations and good luck and all that stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Joan! I'll be mentioning some of what's happening with the gallery here, but most of my gallery adventures will be featured on their own blog. I'll let everyone know when that blog goes live for anyone who's interested in keeping up with that.

    I too hope I have time for my mosaics, and that's the plan, so I'm going to be optimistic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture