Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Focus schmocus

I really need to find a way to stay focused on this tree mosaic for longer periods of time. I find that I put in about 10 pieces, then have to get up and walk away for 003a few minutes. That wouldn’t be such a big deal if it weren’t for the fact that the MAC glue does not like being ignored! I’ve ruined three straight pins today de-glopping the tip of the bottle. Now I need a nap.
On a brighter note, I finished the sketch for a commission of the Brooklyn Bridge today. Sent a picture of the sketch to the client and she said she loves it. Yay! I won’t actually start the mosaic until about the second week of September (I’ll tell you why on Friday – stay tuned!).001
And……remember the rabbit picture from yesterday? I mentioned that Eve Lynch could really do a kick ass zombie version of it, and the more I thought about that, the more I wanted it!! So I emailed her, and she’s going to do it for me! I’m so excited! Now, you might ask, why would I commission a mosaic from someone else? Why not make my own?
Some time ago, when I had first seen some of Eve’s work I talked about it on here. I mentioned how I had always been drawn to images like gargoyles, dragons, vampires, skeletons, etc. (I LOVE Halloween) but I have never had the desire to represent them in my art. I wasn’t entirely honest. I want to, I just can’t do it well enough to suit me. I want eerie, but I end up with either terrifying or cartoony. But Eve can do it! And for a little inspiration I sent her a link to my favorite scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail:
I CANT WAIT!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great compliments. I never knew being unusual would come in handy! I am psyched to create something cool for you.

    P.S. This goes on record as being my weirdest commission ever. Mark your resume. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how much it pleases me to qualify as "weirdest commission ever". :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture