Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Details, details….


Here we go again with my infamous photography (non)skills.  Awhile back I photographed Aurora just to have proof that I was done – nothing fancy, not quality enough to submit to exhibitions, just a quick snapshot.  But I now need to submit the photo of the complete mosaic and one detail shot to 3 exhibitions.  *sigh*
I don’t have fancy lighting equipment (or camera, for that matter) and can’t invest in that now, so I will have to do the best I can with what I’ve got.  I’m ok with the full shot, it’s the detail pics I’m fussing over.  Part of the problem is trying to capture the way the tree sits on top of the background.  The last one has too much reflection to suit me, but I thought I’d throw it out there.  Tell me which ones you like best:
auroradetail1
auroradetail2
auroradetail3

3 comments:

  1. The last one for sure. It illustrates that the glass is stacked. In the first two it is hard to tell.

    Photographing artwork is fun huh? I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eve. I had another comment on Facebook saying pretty much the same thing. I retook the photo in different lighting and got much better colors, I think I'll use that one.

    And yeah, I hate it too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture