Tuesday, August 24, 2010

You should probably play some Enya while reading this…

I’m just itching to break something! It’s not unusual to go a few days without working on a mosaic, but this is ridiculous! You may not think about how therapeutic breaking glass is until you have to stop! And yesterday I received three calls to artists, making me feel even more deprived!!!

Interestingly enough, two of the calls are for tree themed exhibitions. I have always had a thing about trees anyway, but I now have about 14 ideas bouncing around inside my skull, none of which can be allowed out to see if they can develop into something cool until I get settled in Indiana - probably a week or more. Aaarrgghhhhh.

I thought this might be a good time to do a little retrospective of “trees I have known and loved” Ha!

100_3169Oil and gold leaf on canvas board 2009

100_3170 Oil and gold leaf on canvas board 2009

Ode on a DogwoodOde on a Dogwood
glass and jade on MDF
2010

room with a view
Room with a View
glass and paua shell on birch panel
2010

Xmascard
Midwinter Sunrise
watercolor
2009

100_2499crop
Mail art project
acrylic on paper
2009

PetropoulosIt'sNotEasyBein'Green
It’s Not Easy Bein’ Green
glass, jade,and peridot on MDF
2008

Sarah's Sunrise
Sarah’s Sunrise
glass on glass
2010

Petropoulos.LeeAnn.3
Leavitt Pond at Dusk
slate, glass and polymer clay on Wedi
2009

Petropoulos.OakandAcanthus
Oak and Acanthus
marble and metal ball chain on Wedi
2009

Aurora
Aurora
glass on glass
2010

There are actually more, but I’m bored with this. *Mwah* Thanks for being patient and staying with me through this dry spell.

Oh yeah….and the Enya….you remember her album “In memory of trees”, right? See what I did there? : )

2 comments:

  1. I thought of you when I saw the call to artists from Maplestone. I have a cool idea too but NO TIME to exhibit anything. Good luck on your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having just moved and been without a studio for 6 weeks, I totally understand that itching feeling!

    This is a great collection of trees and foliage ....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture