Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The gravity of a single leaf.

Autumn is such a sentimental time for me. I get just a little sappy (only a little!!!). There is such a sense of fullness and appreciation for everything. Even the smallest things and occurrences have a feeling of gravity about them. The little ant walking around in circles on the white rug last night seemed to be exactly where he was supposed to be, doing exactly what he was supposed to do.
In the spirit of this gravity of the season, I’m starting a new mosaic from a photo of an orange maple leaf floating downstream. Something about that single leaf in the water seems terribly important – a metaphor for something, I’m not sure what.
The background is iridescent blue stained glass, and I’m using a combination of stained glass, vitreous and smalti.
001

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture