Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy accidents and other pleasantries


This photo was taken several years ago in my garden. I had planned to get some good photos of the garden throughout the seasons, but managed to forget about it during the period of time that the Rudbeckias were in their glory. This was just about the last dance for them.
I was amazed when I put the photo on the computer and noticed that the background was blue – I was expecting just the greens of the foliage. I don’t know how or why that happened, but I loved it. In fact, this is the original photo that was cropped down for use as my logo for Bellafiore Gardens – my garden design business in New Hampshire.
Its next life will be as a mosaic. I have a 30” X 36” wedi substrate, so the dimensions of the design have to be adjusted a bit.
006
And this afternoon I had a surprise visit from the lovely lady who taught me piano lessons when I was in high school. What a joy – I always thought the world of her!
Today has been a good day.

4 comments:

  1. Kathy Hampton SwangoSeptember 15, 2010 at 6:00 PM

    Beautiful photo!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it as a mosaic. I never realized how talented you were while in high school and am enjoying your art on the web site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a stunning photo and will look fabulous as a mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie Mitchell NunnallySeptember 16, 2010 at 2:32 PM

    I agree with Kathy! I totally enjoy your blog and following your talents, all of them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture