Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sneak peek at the community mosaic

Tomorrow night is the Second Friday event for September at CrazyLake Art Gallery. I hope everyone in the area can stop in and have a go at the community mosaic we’ll be starting! Actually, I’m starting it myself to get the ball rolling – I think it will be easier for people who’ve never done any mosaic work to see how andamento (the direction the tiles are laid) can contribute to the design. I’ll get a couple different areas started, then it shouldn’t be too confusing to just follow along there.

001

Excited?!?!? I am.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan! What substrate are you using and how do you plan to use it once finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's on primed MDF and hopefully when it's finished it can be displayed in some of the public areas of town here along with a list of people who participated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! And so well organised. Nice one Lee Ann! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Concetta - although I don't know how organized it is! I've haven't ever organized one for several people to work on at the same time, so we'll see how that turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture