Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Midwinter Sunrise II

Last December our local art association had a gift exchange, where each member was to bring a very small original painting to exchange with other members. I got a rock. Metaphorically speaking. What I received in exchange for a tiny watercolor was a fuzzy print of a funky hat and flowers stuck to a refrigerator magnet. I really wanted that painting back.

Well of course that would never do, so this year I decided to paint it again, and this time to try it in Chroma Atelier Interactive Acrylics. I found a bargain on a starter set at Dick Blick (previous link) and decided to try them. I think these are the perfect solution to my dislike of both oil and acrylic. I wanted something that wouldn’t take weeks to dry, but also wouldn’t set up instantly on the canvas.

Midwinter Sunrise II

This is 11” X 14” on canvas. I love the way I was able to blend the background colors right on the canvas!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you did better with this year's Christmas swap! I've been following your blog for a while but actually haven't visited for a while. (sorry - I've been slack recently!) I really like this painting - love the colours and contrasts. I've been thinking about silhouette mosaics recently and a design along these lines would work so well. I think you may have inspired me to go and make some sketches...!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture