Saturday, January 22, 2011

And now I feel dizzy….

When I hit the lottery, I’m buying a few pounds of every possible color of smalti.  I have always agonized over every purchase, trying to make sure I get just the right shade, and I always fail. 
I know it doesn’t sound like it ought to be that hard, but consider this…..Mosaic Smalti carries around 150 (probably more) colors of Orsoni smalti (a company which actually produces over 10,000 different colors).  Yes, I said TEN THOUSAND!!!  And di Mosaico (where most of what I have came from) carries about 375 colors of MDM smalti (a company which can produce as many as 20,000 colors by special request).  But let’s not forget Perdomo Mexican smalti available from Smalti.com…………oy!  It makes my head spin.
005
Just a small sampling of what’s available!

light color too light
So although I just received 1/2 lb. of the color I thought would be perfect for the light sections of the bark on a sycamore tree, it’s too light.  I’ll have to try again.  Phoo.




004

Current progress – and yeah, those are blood stains by the tree on the left.  This art form is not for sissies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture