Friday, March 25, 2011

Oh my. I’m such a nerd.

 

I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am!  Words fail me.  I have figured out how I can share documents with you on here – you can print or save a copy!  Now I know that sounds like a silly thing to get excited about, but I also know that many of you who read this blog are artists also.  Now I’ve found a really easy way to share with you the uber-cool project we’re putting together at CrazyLake Art Gallery. 

I want you to be a part of it too!  What we have done is ask a local poet to write a poem for us to use as the basis for this project.  Next, we want all you visual artists to create something based on that poem.  Absolutely any media (the more diverse, the better), any style.  We have also asked a couple of musicians to compose music in response to the poem which will be performed in June (details to come) and a dance troupe that will choreograph a performance to that music!

ISN’T THAT COOL?!?!?

You need to be in on this, don’t you?  Click the link below to reach the prospectus, application and poem.  (The poem is the last two pages of that document).   

Go ahead.  Click.  If only because you can! 

Secret Palace, Secret Garden

 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh awesome. Love the idea (but sadly too far away and on a different continent) to enter. So how DO you add documents?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can upload document to Google Docs (which requires a Google Account - free and easy) and then go to Share, click 'public on the web' and copy the link it gives you. Voila!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture