Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Where there’s a will, there’s a way


The Lexel and DAP were my best solutions for applying the tempered glass over the gold leaf, as I found out in my last blog post.  Since I had more Lexel than DAP, I went with that.  However, both are sticky and hard to squeeze out of the tube.  That’s the reason I don’t use either of them more often – my hands get tired!  But I also found that applying that sticky mess to the fragile tempered glass was very difficult – it often made the glass pieces shatter into tiny bits.  Then of course there’s the mess…..
But today I found a clever way to cope.  Not that clever, really, but give me this, ok?  The video quality is subpar because my camera is a dinosaur – one of the first models that ever combined video with stills.
Today’s progress was photographed with a flash (which I usually don’t do) in order to better show where the tempered glass has been applied.
008

2 comments:

  1. A lot of work but it's turning out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Peggy. I have certainly hit the point in this project where I am ready TO BE DONE! lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture