Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My top 10.


Well this is an absolutely fabulous time for me to post my own top 10 list.  I just read a blog post from Iced Tea and Sarcasm (don’t you just love that title?) about the top 10 things that make his sarcastic life fantastic.  I thought I’d let you in on the top 10 things that make my life fantastic too.  Because let’s face, every now and then you have to stop and smell the roses.
10.  Gin and tonics
9.  Sunsets full of brilliant blue and psychedelic orange
8.  The smell of the ocean (not just the salt water spray, but the decaying seaweed and dead fish too.  yeah – I’m one of those)
7.  Hot, humid weather. No, really, I mean HOT, HUMID weather
6.  New Orleans – the iron lacework, the shysters, the voodoo, the jazz, beignets at Café du Monde
5.  The TV show Bones – the gross parts, especially
4.  Friends who don’t take themselves too seriously
3.  Baseball
2.  Grown children who make me proud, make me laugh, and love me unconditionally
1.  Hearing my husband laugh at one of my jokes – he’s a tough crowd!
What’s your list?

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

  1. my four adult children and grandkids, my six dogs and everyone elses--their forever grace, trees- so lovely, mosaic art and tiles, liberty and the good ol' USA, men in uniform, swimming-I feel like I am flying, my husband of almost 40 years -- with rare exception, he is always willing to help me, and artists amaze me, and the point at how creative we can all be. I have to add my state of NH and it's beauty-almost everyday I get to drive over a covered bridge and mountain stream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are living in the wrong place for #7. You should check out SW Florida. Pretty much typical here. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture