Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Callusa Butterfly


Here’s the butterfly I made for Eve Lynch and her project at the Callusa Nature Center in Ft. Myers, FL:
004
Forty-some artists are sending her butterflies for an outdoor mural – she will cut them out and attach them to the wall, then grout them all. 
I told you I’d finish in time, Eve!  Open-mouthed smile
I got a little funky with the colors – wish I’d planned that a little better.  But I decided to use all stained glass because I wanted it all flat (ok, I lied, I used unglazed porcelain for the body, but it’s the same level as the stained glass).  But that meant that  a) I had to use what I already had [because I was running behind and didn’t have time to order more], and  b) that I was only going to use stained glass that had been previously cut into manageable strips [because I’m lazy]. 
And now I have nothing in the queue!  It’s been a REALLY long time since that happened.  That’s a little frightening, actually.  I get squirrelly when this happens because since none of the ideas in my head have been given a priority yet, they all want out AT THE SAME TIME.  I don’t know what to do with that!
A nicely chilled glass of Pinot Grigio will probably help, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture