Monday, July 25, 2011

Gratitude

So here it is, finally.  My super secret project that I couldn’t share with you until it was done. 
Gratitude
Gratitude 
12” x 24”, glass, marble and unglazed porcelain on cradled birch panel
© 2011 Lee Ann Petropoulos

Rayna Clark asked me to do a mosaic based on the theme of the four elements – earth, air, fire and water – for her book WIP Yourself Into a Mosaic Artist.  This is the design I came up with.  The description of the process and photos will be included in her book – I hope you’ll get a copy when it comes out.
My favorite part of it is the crow.
detail
*Whew*  This was definitely the most difficult mosaic I’ve ever done.  I’m ready for something simple and mindless now.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The little details (and difficult cuts) really add depth and detail to the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely breathtaking! You made this scene come alive with movement and flow...and I love the crow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. I am pleased with it, but it's been a long, stressful journey. Seems as if every section I started was prefaced with a break while I worked out my angst about screwing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really stunnning Lee Ann. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Previous comments already contain the word I was going to use: beautiful and stunning. Fantastic work, Lee Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Concetta and Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking the crow was especially well done myself!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture