Thursday, July 21, 2011

Grout, schmout


When I was growing up, my mother used to tell me to be sure to get the house cleaned up and all your projects finished before going on vacation “…because you don’t want to have to come back to that.”
You know what?  The old bat might have been on to something.
I had finished gluing all the tesserae on my super secret project, and had a few days before leaving on vacation when I  could have grouted it.  I was so tired of looking at it (as always happens) that I just couldn’t make myself do it.
Well.  I really wish I had. 
I returned to work on Tuesday and spent the day catching up on emails and various projects.  But yesterday, I started grouting at 10:30 in the morning.  And kept at it with only a 1/2 hour break for lunch, until 5.  And started back at it this morning at 11, finishing around 4.
Now I know you’re thinking I must really suck at this if it takes that long, but the problem is that I have used so many different shades of grout (10, to be exact) and the color changes happen in such small sections……well, let’s just say it was………frustrating.
So tomorrow I will add a little thinned acrylic paint to help with the shading in a couple of areas and give it the final spit and polish.  Then I’ll show you what has kept me so quiet these last few months.
And then I can finish the butterfly I promised Eve Lynch (which is half done – I promise I’ll finish on time, Eve!).

1 comment:

  1. I think if I had to spend THAT much time grouting I would surely need a straight jacket. GOD, I HATE GROUTING!!!

    Get that butterfly done woman!

    ox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture