Friday, July 29, 2011

I must be looking forward to autumn.


I’ve had a couple of pieces of Wedi and MDF of odd dimensions lying around the studio for quite awhile, cutoffs from other projects that I figured I would one day put to use.  I decided today was a good day to get one of them underway and out of the way.
004


Wedi, 6.5” wide, 30” long.  Since it’s so skinny, I decided it needed a french cleat on the back for 005hanging rather than wire.  I have no idea why.  I don’t think it would matter.  But I do like the way these make them hang flush against the wall.
I’m going to finish it off so that it will be appropriate to hang outside as well as in.


Something that tall and skinny just cries out for a vine of some sort, don’t you think?  I took some reference photos in May when I visited my in-laws in Ft. Lauderdale of the bougainvillea growing outside their condo building, but somehow it just didn’t feel right.  I decided to go with grapes. 
sketch

I know I want purple grapes, but I’m having a hard time deciding whether to make the leaves green or to put a lot of red in them, similar to this:

grape_leaf
What do you think?



Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture