Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hurry, hurry, hurry!


The grapes are looking yummy.  Almost finished.  I had planned to do this one strictly for myself – no rush, no pressure. 
Bwahahaha!
Now I have to have it done by next Thursday so I can submit it to Ciel Gallery’s grand opening exhibit in their new digs!  The deadline is actually September 19, but I will be tied up from the 9th to the 24th, so I have to get crackin’!
sept1
The name of the exhibit is “Delish!” (Can I just say here how much I HATE Rachel Ray?  Not that it’s relevant….)  Pam Goode’s description:
Dig in, pig out, supersize, lap it up, taste, nibble, graze, imbibe, DEVOUR!  This show is all about the human obsession with food.  Mosaic works depicting edibles or the ritual of feeding, as well as work composed of china, vessels or flatware are eligible.
Here’s a link to her prospectus, if any of you want to play too.
And this month’s Virtual Paint Out is situated in one of my FAVORITE places, New Orleans!  I missed out last month – so much going on that I just couldn’t get to it.  And since I’m going to be gone a lot this month, I may not manage this one either, but I really want to.  Check it out:
storyville
Storyville, copyright 2011 Bill Guffey

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture