Thursday, October 27, 2011

Now what?


It’s a process, this adaptation.  I know that.  However, when you don’t know what to do next to facilitate it, you can really benefit from being the patient type.  I am not the patient type.  Although I am a much more patient driver than my mother-in-law.  But that’s a story for another day.
I moved last weekend and am now 500 miles away from my life of the last year, but now I seem to be in a limbo of sorts.  The majority of my studio is in a storage shed in Indiana for several reasons.  The biggest reason is that it’s possible that job opportunities might necessitate another move.  How many times do I really want to move several hundred pounds of glass?  And yet, how will I know when this period of uncertainty is over?
For now I will look for the creativity in everyday things.  And I will knit a lot.  The repetitive nature of knitting calms me.  I begin to seem like an obsessive troll to those around me – hunched over clacking knitting needles in a dark corner, ignoring the dog’s whimpers for a walk – but I tell them it’s cheaper than therapy.

4 comments:

  1. Are you coming back to NH? (say yes!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, JJ, NH is not one of the options. Sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. "ignoring the dog’s whimpers for a walk" - WOW. Can't believe you put that out there. Sounds exactly like me in the throes of a mosaic marathon!

    Good luck on your move(ing). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, she's a wonderful dog and very patient with me :)

    Thanks for the good wishes.

    LA

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture