Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Stealing souls and stacking rocks

 

Not much to talk about these days, at least in the art department.  Don’t yet have access to a studio, so although I could just pull out the watercolors and set up on the dining table, I’m not yet in the frame of mind for that.  With all the confusion over the move and my husband’s job offers (which is still not settled yet), and the news this morning that my mother fell and broke both of her elbows, I’m out of sorts.  I feel so restless that I can’t really cope with having to drag everything out and put it all away each time I want to mess with it.

So instead I took Gracie to the lake on this gorgeous day (even though I should be doing laundry).  I had a hard time convincing her that the camera phone wouldn’t steal her soul, wrangling her around to look forward.  She finally decided that maybe having her soul stolen was less onerous than dealing with me.

2011-11-08 13.38.25 2011-11-08 13.37.56

And no trip to the lakeshore is complete without a stack of rocks on the driftwood -

2011-11-08 14.00.00

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture