Monday, March 12, 2012

A color quandry.

 

I’ve had some difficulty staying motivated to work on this table for my patio.  I fell into the trap of planning exactly what I wanted to do before making sure I could find the materials. 

I had planned to make the whole thing out of glazed ceramic wall tile, but I have found the color selection even more limited than I expected.  I know that at the Home Depot and Lowe’s where I used to shop I had a larger selection of strong colors, but the stores here are smaller and have fewer selections of pretty much everything. 

So I have resorted to using some stained glass, which requires a HUGE amount of thinset under it to build it up close to level with the ceramic.  But for the background I want the harvest gold, 70s style ceramic.  No compromise.  But I can’t have it unless I’m willing to special order a box of 100 tiles.  What the hell am I supposed to do with the other 90?

Hmmph.

Anyway, here’s the current state of affairs:

mar12

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture