Sunday, March 4, 2012

What’s in a name?


If you remember from the last post, I was having trouble choosing a name for my current WIP.  And……EUREKA!  I FOUND IT.
Since this will be a sunrise behind a tree with a raven in it…….
Morning Has Broken.  Yay!  Remember that song by Cat Stevens? 
“Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird.”
And since it’s made from broken glass, could it fit more perfectly?

So I thought you might like to see the photos that I used as reference for this – I have been changing the way I use reference photos.  I used to look for a photo of an element (like the bird, or the tree) that was very similar to what I wanted to end up with, but I have been getting away from that, which makes me happy.  I feel like it’s a sign that my creative confidence is maturing.  First is the tree photo that caught my attention:
1-14_canal_tree_silhouette_2_PS_rz
And the bird, which if you reverse the image, is not all that far from what I made, but I wanted the bird to be sort of “tucked in” as if it hadn’t really woken up for the day yet:
Raven
And then the background, which is from a painting I did a year ago or so.  It won’t be quite like that, but you get the idea.
Midwinter Sunrise II detail
And today I finished the glass on the tree.  Whooppee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture