Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I don’t know if this will work……

001

I’m going to try something different with this piece – I hope to layer the flower petals to make it appear as if the flower head is turned slightly to the left. This shows the first layer of petals.
I have done a little bit of layering in other pieces for a bit of a 3D effect. In Jealousy, I layered the teeth on the dragon to make it appear as if there is a red tongue behind them:
head





In Poppies and Willow, I came closer to what I’m hoping to achieve with the current piece. Most of the flowers seem to be sticking out from the background, coming toward the viewer, but a couple of them seem turned slightly, so I’m hoping this works on a more elaborate scale.detail

The problem is this – my deadline on the current piece is the middle of next week. It will be done, but if I’m not happy with it, there won’t be time to reconstruct a new design without the layering, and deconstructing the problem area and reworking it will probably be off the table too.
But hey – no pressure.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Apture